Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been expecting Adam to have listened to the Eddie Money live dualdisc and report back on its stunning Silverline 5.1 mix.
Who is this Abbey Road group everyone keeps posting about? A new Steven Wilson project?

its a Silverline keeper!! 🤩
the first 4 tracks are new studio cuts and 5-14 are live but the mixing style is the same on all tracks; as with most modern 5.1's Fronts tend to dominate but there are great dry lead vocals and bass hard in the Centre with some drum spillover.. percussion, keys, rhythm guitar and other accents along with doubled up elements and/or ambience and audience in the Rears. recommended 👍

I'm listening to
81YcjluccaL._SX522_ (1).jpg

Farmer Mike......is The Flowers of Hell 'O' dolby digital 5.1 or lossless MLP DVD~A 5.1?

Hi Ralphie
The Mix is a Dolby Digital 5.1 one..... :unsure:
There is our beloved discreteness in the recording, not a huge amount but it is there.
It is, shall we say, experimental music, which is trying to push the boundaries of unstructured, structured melodies, if that makes sense.

Or to put it in their opening words on the inside cover:

'Lasting over 40 minutes and named for it's surround sound nature, "O" uses improvisations performed with-in a fixed song structure to create a work of what the German music press of the 1880's would call 'absolute' music ( music with no words and no references to stories or images; music that's not explicitly about anything - music which simply is) Yeah.'

I reckon some funny stuff been takin!!!!o_O

Back